Instructions for creating a Kubernetes cluster to install Agones on.
Install and configure Agones on Kubernetes
- Kubernetes cluster version 1.22
- Google Kubernetes Engine, Azure Kubernetes Service, Amazon EKS and Minikube are supported.
- If you are creating and managing your own Kubernetes cluster, the
admission controllers are required.
- We also recommend following the recommended set of admission controllers.
- Firewall access for the range of ports that Game Servers can be connected to in the cluster.
- Game Servers must have the game server SDK integrated, to manage Game Server state, health checking, etc.
WarningLater versions of Kubernetes may work, but this project is tested against 1.22, and is therefore the supported version. Agones will update its support to the n-1 version of what is available across the majority of major cloud providers - GKE, EKS and AKS, while also ensuring that all Cloud providers can support that version.
Supported Container Architectures
The following container operating systems and architectures can be utilised with Agones:
For all the platforms in Alpha, we would appreciate testing and bug reports on any issue found.
Separation of Agones from GameServer nodes
When running in production, Agones should be scheduled on a dedicated pool of nodes, distinct from where Game Servers
are scheduled for better isolation and resiliency. By default Agones prefers to be scheduled on nodes labeled with
agones.dev/agones-system=true and tolerates the node taint
If no dedicated nodes are available, Agones will run on regular nodes.
Install Agones in your existing Kubernetes cluster.
Install a Kubernetes cluster and Agones declaratively using Terraform.
Verify Agones is installed and has started successfully.
Strategies and techniques for managing Agones and Kubernetes upgrades in a safe manner.
Was this page helpful?
Glad to hear it! Please tell us how we can improve.
Sorry to hear that. Please tell us how we can improve.
Last modified June 23, 2022: Delete Katacoda link because Katacoda is closed (#2640) (079dced)