1.32.0 - Go 1.20 and Many Features Graduated To Beta!
This is the 1.32.0 release of Agones.
This upgrade ensures that your game servers are equipped with the latest tools and improvements, enhancing their overall performance and stability:
- Upgrade to Go version 1.20.
- The ResetMetricsOnDelete feature is now beta and enabled by default. Now when a Fleet or FleetAutoscaler is deleted from the system, Agones will automatically clear metrics that utilize their name as a label from the exported metrics, so the metrics exported do not continuously grow in size over the lifecycle of the Agones installation.
- The PodHostname feature that allows you to access a GameServer Pod within a cluster by a DNS name is now beta and enabled by default.
- The SplitControllerAndExtensions feature which splits the Agones controller into multiple binaries for better reliability is now beta and enabled by default.
- The SafeToEvict feature has been promoted to stable.
We encourage you to take advantage of these promoted features to enhance the stability, performance, and functionality of your game servers.
Check the README for details on features, installation and usage.
- Release Automation: Push images on cloud by @Kalaiselvi84 in https://github.com/googleforgames/agones/pull/3090
- Sort By Counters or Lists during GameServerAllocation 2716 by @igooch in https://github.com/googleforgames/agones/pull/3091
- Push-Chart to Helm Repo on GCS by @Kalaiselvi84 in https://github.com/googleforgames/agones/pull/3114
- Allocated GameServers updated on Fleet update by @markmandel in https://github.com/googleforgames/agones/pull/3101
- require.NoError in fleet tests instead of continuing by @zmerlynn in https://github.com/googleforgames/agones/pull/3124
- Move PodHostName to Beta by @Kalaiselvi84 in https://github.com/googleforgames/agones/pull/3118
- Creating a branch for release by @Kalaiselvi84 in https://github.com/googleforgames/agones/pull/3127
- Documentation: Allocated GameServer Overflow by @markmandel in https://github.com/googleforgames/agones/pull/3131
- Move make release-deploy-site into pre-build-release by @Kalaiselvi84 in https://github.com/googleforgames/agones/pull/3132
- Upgrade to Golang version 1.20.4 by @igooch in https://github.com/googleforgames/agones/pull/3137
- Added labels to the agones.allocator by @Kalaiselvi84 in https://github.com/googleforgames/agones/pull/3125
- GameServerAllocation Actions for Counters and Lists by @igooch in https://github.com/googleforgames/agones/pull/3117
- Graduate SafeToEvict to GA by @zmerlynn in https://github.com/googleforgames/agones/pull/3146
- Move ResetMetricsOnDelete to Beta by @Kalaiselvi84 in https://github.com/googleforgames/agones/pull/3154
- [Release Automation] Update Helm/SDK/Install Packages Version Numbers by @Kalaiselvi84 in https://github.com/googleforgames/agones/pull/3149
- Allocation.proto Updates for Counts and Lists by @igooch in https://github.com/googleforgames/agones/pull/3150
- Add parametric host address by @MiniaczQ in https://github.com/googleforgames/agones/pull/3111
- Allow setting a static NodePort for the ping service by @towolf in https://github.com/googleforgames/agones/pull/3148
- Promote SplitControllerAndExtensions to beta by @chiayi in https://github.com/googleforgames/agones/pull/3165
See CHANGELOG for more details on changes.
Images available with this release:
Helm chart available with this release:
Make sure to add our stable helm repository using
helm repo add agones https://agones.dev/chart/stable